Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Mad for Mauve Quad

Yay! My first cosmetics review. My blog posts thus far have been primarily about hair, and so I decided I wanted to switch it up a bit. Because not only do I love hair, but I love love love make up too.

Now, I'm a girl on a budget, so Maybelline is right up my alley. For me though Maybelline can be a pretty hit or miss affair. Some eyeshadows I've purchased by them were chalky horrors with no pigmentation and others were velvety, smooth, and pigmented. Yeah, I know, it's wierd and inconsistent. I digress. Thus when choosing to buy Maybelline eyeshadow I'm a very conflicted lady. Luckily the Mad for Mauve quad from the eye studio series was anything but a disappointment.

Price: As I mentioned before, Maybelline cosmetics are very affordable. I picked up this palette for about $6 at Target when shopping for a rug to go in my room. I had heard about this new Maybelline collection and figured a quad was the more economical choice over their baked eyeshadow duos.

Packaging: The packaging isn't really anything special. The top of the case is clear so you can easily view the colors in the quad. The bottom is black. One of the shadows is almost twice the size of all the others, which would be great if it was one of my favorable colors from the palette. In general though, the eyeshadows are quite small as is the quad itself. I wish the uad was bigger to be honest, but that's just me.
Here's a picture of the packaging:


Product Quality: I really love the texture and the colors of these eyshadows. They glide on smoothly and are pigmented. They are easy to blend. They're basically everything you'd want in an eyeshadow, but I do have one gripe. This may just be my brushes, but I did have some issues with fallout, it wasn't severe so I wouldn't say don't purchase the quad, just saying a fair warning. Overall I really do love these shadows though. I want to try the other quads now.
Picture of the colors:


Summing it up.
Pros
+Smooth & Blendable
+Affordable
+Pigmented

Cons
+"Ehh" packaging.
+Some fall out

The Points
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Product Quality 15/15

Final Grade: 96

No comments: