Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love my brother

Lol, this is gonna just be a short blog. Anywho, I was talking to my brother this morning and he had recently saw the Good Hair documentary (haven't seen it myself.). We were talking about hair and it was just so exciting to me that he'd actually listen and care about what I was saying. He seemed like he really learned a lot form Good Hair and was willing to learn more. I don't know, it just made me happy that he was interested that something I myself am interested in especially because hair care is just one of those girl things, y'know?

He also told me that if his wife tried to relax his kid's hair while they were still a child he'd DIVORCE HER! Lmfao. That made me laugh a lot, and I totally respect him for that. I don't really like it when young children get relaxers because they don't get a chance to learn to love their natural hair. Hell, I got a relaxer as a young child so I still struggle with the concept of natural beauty myself.

Anyway, that was just a day brightener. I've also taken out my braids last night. It took me 9 freaking hours of agony, excuse my french. I put some V05 passion fruit moisture milks, Mane 'n Tail, and olive oil on my hair to soften it to make detangling easier, put on a cap, tied up my satin scarf, then was off to bed. Detangling went well, I only had one nasty tangle and I have BUTTLOADS (Yes, I went there.) of new growth. Lol, it's crazy. My stylist is gonna be mad at me for not relaxing in so long, but I don't really care. I want to start self-relaxing after this relaxer. I'm gonna look up a lot of info on it, and possibly write an article on self-relaxing myself once I actually go through the process.

I've got a couple of make up blogs on the way, a haul and several reviews. So stay tuned, guys. Anywho, that's it for today so far.

Much love,
Marissa.

No comments: